Re: ghost files

From: Matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:31:13 -0700
On 08/08/11 10:21, C. P. Ghost wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Garrett Cooper<yanegomi_at_gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Super Biscuit<super_bisquit_at_yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>> I suggest sprinkling holy water on your computer and then hitting a bong.
>> Who you gonna call :P?
>> -Garrett (I couldn't resist)
> http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/vaxorcist.html
>
> -cpghost.

Try 'fsck -fy' in single user, then 'fsck -fy <mountpoints>' in reverse
of mounting sequence. I would also suggest moving your files off this
disk. For what it's worth, on my laptop with a terrible battery,
GJournal + UFS behaves very nicely with random frequent shutdowns
(Lenovo battery :().

At least you are not seeing the red screen of satanic possession I saw
on an HP box with a borked MBR.

Matt