upgrade to 9.0-BETA1 with geom_mirror fails

From: Mark Felder <feld_at_feld.me>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 22:08:30 -0500
Hi all,

I was originally running 8.2 on my NAS at home -- later 8-STABLE for ZFS
-- and decided to see how 9.0-BETA1 fairs on it due to seeing some changes
coming in 9.0 that would be favorable. After installing the kernel and
trying to reboot into it I discovered it doesn't like my geom_mirror that
I use for / and swap. It gives this error:

"geom_mirror integrity check failed"

It can't mount the / device then (/dev/mirror/gm0a) so it asks me to
choose a disk to boot from. When listing the disks with ? it shows all
physical disks but the only geom device is gm0 -- none of the slices are
listed.

Any idea how to fix this? If I boot up an 8-STABLE or 8.2R kernel it has
no issues with my mirror.

Thanks,

Mark