Re: upgrade to 9.0-BETA1 with geom_mirror fails

From: Mark Felder <feld_at_feld.me>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:50:42 -0500
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:13:48 -0500, Andriy Gapon <avg_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> I guess that the root cause of your trouble is the GEOM_PART integrity
> check
> failing (see the messages in IMG_1312.JPG).
> You should investigate and fix that.
>
> Meanwhile you may want to set the kern.geom.part.check_integrity loader
> tunable to
> zero (either in loader prompt or in loader.conf).

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully someone stumbles upon that and finds it
useful during a google search, because I wasn't finding anything :-)

Since it was a 3 way mirror it was trivial to break the mirror and rebuild
with GPT. I wanted to do that for a while anyway. After the rebuild was
complete it had no issues booting up. I'm guessing it was just something
stupid with the old disk layout.

Cheers,

Mark