Re: PHORONIX: OpenCL, GLSL Back-End For LLVM May Soon Open Up

From: Jacob Frelinger <jolly_at_thecoffinclub.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:52:31 -0400
On 08/29/11 08:12, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=38242 Post 18
>
> This indicates the driver supports CUDA somehow. What's missing is a
> FreeBSD runtime.
>
> Can someone please do some legwork with this and see if it's possible
> to bring the Linux CUDA SDK up in the linuxulator?

cuda device support is there, what I believe is missing is the compiler,
libraries and assorted tools.  I currently use cuda on my FreeBSD laptop
via the linuxlator (using the gentoo_stage_3 port and chrooting into
it).  The cuda run time works almost out of the box (if I recall
correctly all you need to do is change modprobe since the run time tries
to auto load the Linux kernel binary), and from there you can build and
run cuda based apps.

--
Jacob Frelinger
jolly_at_thecoffinclub.com