Re: kqueue and device driver experience anyone ?

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:23:15 -0700
Luigi Rizzo wrote this message on Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 23:01 +0200:
> The other thing i need (but i believe i know how to handle it)
> is tell whether .f_event() is called by KNOTE() or by kqueue_scan(),
> but i believe i can use the "hint" argument to tell the two.

Why do you need to know the difference?  kqueue is a level triggered
API, and so should behave the same if it is called from KNOTE or
kqueue_scan...   The reason it is called from kqueue_scan is to ensure
that the condition (level) still exists, and to get updated data
information (like how many bytes are available for reading)...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579