Re: CLANG; still cc in use when building the WORLD with CLANG?

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:05:55 +0200
On 08/30/11 15:14, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2011/8/30 Alex Kuster<vertex.symphony_at_gmail.com>:
>> I would also recommend you to move the clang stuff for base system where it
>> belongs ( /etc/src.conf .. see src.conf(5)  ).
> > From http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang
>
> Add the following lines to /etc/make.conf:
>
> .if !defined(CC) || ${CC} == "cc"
> CC=clang
> .endif
> .if !defined(CXX) || ${CXX} == "c++"
> CXX=clang++
> .endif
> .if !defined(CPP) || ${CPP} == "cpp"
> CPP=clang -E
> .endif
> # Don't die on warnings
> NO_WERROR=
> WERROR=
> # Don't forget this when using Jails!
> NO_FSCHG=
>
> So make.conf seems to be the good place.

But as the previous poster referred to, there was an issue with CURDIR
settings which do not work
properly anymore. The suggestions from the WIKI set a global use of
CLANG, even for ports, which I do not
want since many ports do not build properly or refuse to build when
compiled with CLANG. And I don't
want to switch/edit /etc/make.conf everytime I build a world and then
edit back when doing simple
daily/weekly port-upgrades.

For the ease of use, in such a case the whole CLANG YES or NO
switches/knobs/stuff should really be
triggered only by /etc/src.conf, since this location intuitively
suggests it is the right place (as my Emglish understanding
of the manpage of src.conf(5) is correct and this place is the place for
the WORLD's stuff).

oh