Re: CLANG; still cc in use when building the WORLD with CLANG?

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:37:38 +0200
On 08/30/11 18:20, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2011-08-30 11:48, Hartmann, O. wrote:
>>     I'm building world with CLANG  (or I pretend to do so).
>>     In my /etc/make.conf I use these lines:
>>     ###
>>     ###     CLANG
>>     ###
>>     .if defined(USE_CLANG)
>>     .if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/src*)
>
> You should add "|| !empty(.CURDIR:M:/usr/obj*)" to this .if statement,
> because the build build process changes to directories inside /usr/obj
> for various steps.  Alternatively, use the simpler:
>
> .if empty(.CURDIR:N/usr/src*:N/usr/obj*)
>
> Alternatively, just remove the statement, and use clang for everything,
> and help fix bugs in ports. :)

:-) I would, if I did not desperately have to rely on a working box for now.

I forgot the above addition. Will try it - or better, leave it alone and
try
helping buxfixing ...

>>     CFLAGS= -O3 -march=native -mtune=native -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
>>     COPTFLAGS= -O3 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe
>
> Take care when using clang and -march=native, there are still some
> issues with it (search this mailing list for specifics).  If anything
> goes wrong, first revert to the default CFLAGS and COPTFLAGS (e.g.
> comment them out), and try again.

Yes, I know, but I never had problems on my older Core2 based chips. The
newer
laptop CPU, a Core-i5 "Lynnfield" does have issues.