Re: http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:47:09 -0700
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina_at_rktmb.org> wrote:
> On 08/29/2011 10:58 PM, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>>
>>  If that page would be updated at least monthly giving fair comparison
>> with other os'es it could serve a big pros list for preferring FreeBSD
>> over other systems.
>
> I dont think a monthly update is the good solution.
> A per release update is better, as far as releases bring a new set that
> could be compared.
>
> Then, a deep knwoledge of the other OSes is required in order to keep
> credit. I think it's a huge amount of work, that should be assigned to the
> project itself.
>
> IMHO, Let's delegate this task to Wikipedia or StackOverflow...

I disagree. Wikipedia isn't a good definitive source of knowledge.
StackOverflow from what I've seen is good at answering questions, but
not for advocating particular OSes.

What we need is:
1. An advocate for FreeBSD.
2. One or more unbiased third parties who can talk about the pros and
cons of FreeBSD vs other OSes.

If our OS gets really good in some of the areas that have been
identified as gaps, then the two groups will effectively converge over
time.

Thanks,
-Garrett