Re: man ugen error

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6727_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 11:07:40 +0000 (GMT)
^ What version of FreeBSD do you run?  Do you not have a ugen manpage?  Can you run "man ugen"?

^ I have the manpages for ugen, and "man usb", also "man 4 usb", but no diff as such.

^ I guess ugen manpage failed to reflect becoming part of usb.

^ Tom

> There is:

> share/man/man4/ugen.4

> in FreeBSD 10-current.

> It should be removed and added to old files. Could you make a patch for that?

> --HPS

I found /usr/share/man/man4/ugen.4.gz in FreeBSD 9.0-RC2.

What needs to be patched?  What file, where?

Might it be /usr/src/ObsoleteFiles.inc ?

I have extremely limited experience applying patches, no experience writing a patch.

Where do I learn what and how to do?  I might need to see some examples to get me started.

Tom