Re: CVS removal from the base

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 17:00:18 -0800
On 12/02/2011 04:35, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I think you're missing the point a little.
>
> The point is, you have to keep in mind how comfortable people feel
> about things, and progress sometimes makes people uncomfortable. I
> think you should leave these changes bake for a while and let people
> get comfortable with the changing status quo.

The fact that we have so many people who are radically change-averse, no
matter how rational the change; is a bug, not a feature.

This particular bug is complicated dramatically by the fact that the
majority view seems to lean heavily towards "If I use it, it must be the
default and/or in the base" rather than seeing ports as part of the
overall operating SYSTEM.

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."