Re: ZFS: i/o error all block copies unavailable Invalid format

From: KOT MATPOCKuH <matpockuh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 16:41:03 +0300
2011/12/6 Peter Maloney <peter.maloney_at_brockmann-consult.de>:
>>> "Invalid format" sounds like the software doesn't understand the disks.
>>> Check your pool (software) version with:
>>> # zpool upgrade -v
>> zpool upgrade -v does not show pools, available for upgrade :)
>>
>> # zpool upgrade
>> This system is currently running ZFS pool version 28.
>>
>> All pools are formatted using this version.
>>
>>> Check your pool (on disk) version with (I forget the exact command):
>>> # zpool get version sunway
>> NAME    PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
>> sunway  version   28       default
>>
>> It's latest pool's version for RELENG_9.
>>
>>> My guess is that you installed the latest zfs on the pool, but left the
>>> old version of the bootloader.
>> You mean gptzfsboot ?
> Yes.
>> Old gptzfsboot must fail with message like this:
>> ZFS: unsupported ZFS version %u (should be %u)
>>
>> And why problem solved by copying previous zfsloader?
>> Without any another changes...
>>
> previous zfsloader? Oh how interesting. I missed that in your last message.
>
> When you updated the other 4 systems "with same sources" did you mean
> the same cvsup file, or the exact copy of the source?
I used same cvsup file from same cvsup mirror at same time...
sys/boot/zfs/zfsimpl.c have same version.
Only one difference for this system - it uses SAS drives, another
systems have IDE and SATA.

> And just out of curiosity, how did you find the old bootloader?
I copied zfsloader from system, which has not been updated.
Also I get zfsloader from weekly ZFS's snapshot.

> Did you also try copying the bootloader (with dd maybe) from one of the
> working updated systems? Or comparing checksums of the bootloaders?
All checksums are different...
If possible, I will try to boot the system with all available zfsloaders:
- old from this system
- again new from this system
- old from another system
- new from another system