Re: ZFS: i/o error all block copies unavailable Invalid format

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:04:31 +0200
on 06/12/2011 08:14 KOT MATPOCKuH said the following:
> Hello all!
>
> On 24 nov I updated sources via csup to RELENG_9 (9.0-PRERELEASE).
> After make installboot I successfully booted to single user.
> But after make installworld system was fail to boot with message:
> ZFS: i/o error all block copies unavailable
> Invalid format
>
> status command shows status of all polls properly.
> root filesystem is not compressed.
>
> # zfsboottest /dev/gpt/rootdisk /dev/gpt/rootmirr
>   pool: sunway
> config:
>
>         NAME STATE
>         sunway ONLINE
>           mirror ONLINE
>             gpt/rootdisk ONLINE
>             gpt/rootmirr ONLINE
>
> Restore of old /boot/zfsloader was solved issue.
> Before I successfully updated 4 another systems with same sources
> level without any problems.
>
> My sys/boot/zfs/zfsimpl.c's version: 1.17.2.2 2011/11/19 10:49:03
>
> Where may a root cause of problem? And how I can debug this problem?

1. Inability of the boot code to handle your pool or root filesystem for some reason.

2. Try using zfsboottest.sh next time your reproduce the problem (or see what the
script does and try to examine some files instead of doing an empty run).  If it
fails, then please try to narrow the problem to a particular file, run zfsboottest
under debugger, collect interesting information about the failure and get back to
us with it.

The problem may have been masked by the fact that you touched /boot directory when
restoring your previous loader.  Alternatively, the problem could be in the newer
zfs boot code.

--
Andriy Gapon