Re: FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/AMD64 (CLANG): lang/gcc46 fails to build

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:32:27 +0100
On 2011-12-07 05:56, O. Hartmann wrote:
> On FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 I run into the error shown below when
> updating the installation of the gcc46 compiler suite.

If you report port compilation errors, always use DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS,
otherwise the actual error message will drown in multithreaded spam. :)

(And even if you would save and post the full build log, it is sometimes
still impossible to see which exact command failed and why.)

That said, you are most likely running into an issue with the fix for
FreeBSD 10-CURRENT in bsd.port.mk, causing the lto-plugin stage
configure script to fail.

This is because the gcc ports unpack their source code into
${WRKDIR}/gcc-${VERSIONSTRING}, and then override WRKSRC to
${WRKDIR}/build.  Since bsd.port.mk only applies the run-autotools-fixup
to ${WRKSRC}, the gcc source itself is not properly fixed up.

You can try the attached patch, which fixes this (and fixes it for all
other ports that override WKRSRC).