Burning CDs and DVDs on SATA drive in FreeBSD 9.0

From: grarpamp <grarpamp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:21:22 -0500
In the past, I've used the ftp cdrtools pkg (made from the
port of course) and it failed to work. It's a popular tool so my
machine was probably out of sync. Same with burncd. However,
compiling the current cdrtools source worked fine. So I'd try
that first, compare, and send up a bug if need be.

Try to skip the scan by specifying the BTL or devpath on the
command line. The scan is a big part of the port and might
have breakage, at least for the app below.

Also, if you're doing audio, someone over on ports has said
they're doing an update to cdparanoia. It's minor, but useful
for that crowd.

makefs and burncd are part of the base, at least on RELENG_8.
And makefs is used in the official releases. So they should just work.

Good luck.