Re: Dog Food <tm>

From: Peter Maloney <peter.maloney_at_brockmann-consult.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 11:08:40 +0100
On 12/08/2011 09:35 AM, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:51:05 -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
>> Was trying to use gmirror(4) or zfs(4) today to get a machine in the
>> cluster setup with s/w raid and was completely flummoxed by the
>> intricacies of manual setup.  Chances are, I just am not smart enough to
>> wind my way though the various how tos and wiki pages that I've been
>> browsing to get the job done.
>
> Why using gmirror under zfs, when zfs itself supports software raid?
>
>> If someone wants to work on modifying bsdinstaller to do s/w raid via
>> one of these mechanisms, clusteradm_at_ can provide you a two disk SATA
>> machine that can be used for this purpose.
>>
>> Sean

And what problems did you run into?

This guide worked for me:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot/Mirror

(but the "zfs create ..." part was too much typing, so I did it with a
script that I added to the CD)

Peter Maloney
Brockmann Consult
Max-Planck-Str. 2
21502 Geesthacht
Germany
Tel: +49 4152 889 300
Fax: +49 4152 889 333
E-mail: peter.maloney_at_brockmann-consult.de
Internet: http://www.brockmann-consult.de