Re: How to update /usr/src/ using SVN and "make update"?

From: Chuck Burns <break19_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:35:27 -0600
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:59:41 AM O. Hartmann wrote:
> Taking the instruction from manpage make.conf(5) and setting  variable
> SVN_UPDATE to YES, typing "make update" in /usr/src	 fails due to svn
> can not be found. make.conf(5) also contains a variable "SUP" containing
> the path for cvsup or cvsup and I'm desperately missing a similar
> variable for subversion. Since subversion is a port, it might be so that
> setting a variable in make.conf(5) conflicts with the BSD policy and
> logic, but then I'd appreciate a hint like "you need to set the propper
> environment variable for finding svn in the search path ...blablabla".
> Using "make update" ends up in "svn not found". Typing manually "svn -r
> HEAD" in /usr/src as it is shown when the make update fails works well,
> since the shell's environment PATH variable knows /usr/local/bin to look
> for.
> I also file a PR not letting this getting forgotten, please close it, if
> it is obsolete.
>
> Regards,
> O. Hartmann

Here is quick, hackish patch to allow your make update to work, it appears
that the Makefile.inc1 does not include the full path to svn, while it does
include the full path to cvs and other tools, this makes me think that the
user path is ignored (which is a good thing)

 --
Chuck Burns
The Southern Libertarian