Re: How to update /usr/src/ using SVN and "make update"?

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:00:31 +0100
On 12/10/11 14:51, Chuck Burns wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:35:27 AM Chuck Burns wrote:
>> Here is quick, hackish patch to allow your make update to work, it appears
>> that the Makefile.inc1 does not include the full path to svn, while it does
>> include the full path to cvs and other tools, this makes me think that the
>> user path is ignored (which is a good thing)
>>

> Heh, I am notorious for overthinking things.  My bad.. yes, just add
> SVN=/usr/local/bin/svn
> to your /etc/make.conf file
>
>  --
> Chuck Burns
Hello.

I did this already, since it looked logical to me.
It isn't simply about "please add ..." hakish things. If there would be
no objection, it is a nice move to have the SVN variable setting
mentioned in the man page for make.conf.

If it isn't opportune to have the user-path in the system's search path,
then a note should be droped into the manpage to inform the admin or
user to set the SVN variable properly.

Oliver