Re: SCHED_ULE should not be the default

From: Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:30:49 +0100
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net> wrote:
> On 12/15/2011 11:56 AM, Attilio Rao wrote:
>> So, as very first thing, can you try the following:
>> - Same codebase, etc. etc.
>> - Make the test 4 times, discard the first and ministat for the other 3
>> - Reboot
>> - Change the steal_thresh value
>> - Make the test 4 times, discard the first and ministat for the other 3
>>
>> Then report discarded values and the ministated one and we will have
>> more informations I guess
>> (also, I don't think devfs contention should play a role here, thus
>> nevermind about it for now).
>

> Results and data at
>
> http://www.tancsa.com/ule-bsd.html
>
>        ---Mike

I took the liberty of re-plotting this as one boxplot per test-type,
in the hope of getting a better overview. R script included. Beware
the y-ranges. (To re-plot with a specific y range, add e.g.
"ylim=c(0,35)" to the boxplot() calls.)

http://nebdal.net/sched/plot.html

--
Daniel Nebdal
Dep. of genetics, Oslo University Hospital