Re: gptzfsboot error

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:08:36 -0500
On Friday, December 16, 2011 1:37:41 pm Chase Epoch Cameron wrote:
> Salutations all,
>

> I continuously see this error pop up when I boot my system as it loads,
> and it appears as such:
> Code:
>

> gptzfsboot error 49 lba 1
> gptzfsboot error 49 lba 32
> gptzfsboot error 49 lba 1
> gptzfsboot error 49 lba 32

The 49 is the error code returned in %AH from the BIOS call.  It would
probably be better if it were printed in hex.  49 corresponds to 0x31.  From
the error code list at Ralf Brown's Interrupt List:

http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-0606.htm#Table234

You can see that 0x31 means "No media in drive."

Does your system still boot ok?  It might just be that when the ZFS bootstrap
code scans for available disks in the system it is running into a removable
drive that is empty and warning about it (but then skipping it).

--
John Baldwin