Re: SCHED_ULE should not be the default

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 02:37:52 +0000
On 13/12/2011 09:00, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> I observe ULE interactivity slowness even on single core machine
> (Pentium 4) in very visible places, like 'ps ax' output stucks in the
> middle by ~1 second. When I switch back to SHED_4BSD, all slowness is
> gone.

I'm also seeing problems with ULE on a dual-socket quad-core Xeon
machine with 16 logical CPUs. If I run "tar xf somefile.tar" and "make
-j16 buildworld" then logging into another console can take several
seconds. Sometimes even the "Password:" prompt can take a couple of
seconds to appear after typing my username.

--
Bruce Cran