Re: svn commit: r228576 - in head: . sys/boot/forth sys/modules sys/modules/carp sys/modules/if_carp

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:41:54 +0400
  Alexander,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 03:08:43PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
A> we never had a kernel part in the list. Reinstallkernel is not a valid target after updating the sources. The renaming will only take effekt after updating. And we already hat issues because the list was too long.
A> Your entry for the carp module is completely out of question for this list. Please remove it.

The file /boot/kernel/if_carp.ko had been installed on older installations. It
is not overwritten now. Thus, it may happen in a some weird case, that it is
left intact. 'make installkernel' is not the only way to upgrade FreeBSD.
To cover these potential cases I have added an entry. This entry doesn't
hurt anybody or anything.

The argument for getting list of ObsoleteFiles.inc can't be taken seriously. The
fact is that this file is going to instantly grow in any forseen future. It
is never going to get shorter. Thus, if we are getting problems with the
list getting too long, then we need to enhance the script that delete old files,
not try to reduce it by 0.0235% removing one of recent entries, that is
uncertain.

I am adding current_at_ to CC, may be someone can take role of negotiator on this
issue, or just has opinion.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.