Re: Benchmark (Phoronix): FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 vs. Oracle Linux 6.1 Server

From: <matthew_at_phoronix.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:16:36 -0800
   Thanks.
   My request for the person documenting the tunings also runs = the
   benchmark to ensure expected behaviour.
   The installation, execut= ion and comparison against the benchmarks in
   the article is fairly simple.<= br>
   Note that some tuning may not be relevant or recommended (ie: some o   f the fs benchmarks are sensitive to barriers and other synchronous
   operati= ons).  I'd recommend bowing out of a benchmark with a 'we're
   going to = be slower since the default configuration is this way for
   the following rea= son' if this is the case.
   Thanks 'someone'.
   Matthew