Re: VM images for FreeBSD

From: Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:30:05 +0200
If anyone interested, I got here [1] VirtualBox Image:

FreeBSD-10-amd64-r228694-2011-12-19.vdi.xz

 Anyone who's looking to test 10 can get to test it :)

It contains package-installed partial system with openbox;

Image configured to run DHCP on em0, you can change this in /etc/rc.conf,
as usually.

When you'll get internet working, you can add packages (9 ones), running
/root/addpackage.sh $1
To get X, login as root, start
/root/runx.sh

In a few seconds (there's delays for safety) you should get X with openbox.

BTW, it contains also qt 4.8.0 and qtcreator 2.4.0, you can test something
and help a bit for KDE/QT team with any feedbacks. It's installed with
default settings in their default prefixes (qt in /usr/local/Trolltech, and
qtcreator in / ), so, to run something you probably must set correct
LD_PATH.
As for qtcreator, I created script for launch it, placed in root, which is
also launched when you start X.

1.  http://gits.kiev.ua/FreeBSD/

P.S. As always, I'm looking for anyone who will lend me a hand in enhancing
build scripts.

--
Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow