Re: Replacing a failed disk in raidz2 zfs (and gpt)

From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen_at_deepbone.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 15:50:48 +0000
On 02/03/2011 06:11, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> I can't for the life of me get zpool to replace it. I can't remember why
> I used gpt instead of direct disks for the zmysql pool (but thats how it
> is).

ISTR you had to online a drive first, then issue the replace command.
Also, it could be you used GPT to offset your ZFS partition on a 4
Kibyte boundary, because your drive might be one of those "hey I'm a 4
Kibyte physical sector size drive but I'll claim to have a 512 byte
sector size, both logical and physical, just to annoy you!" drives.
That's why I don't use raw disks for my ZFS drives, anyway.

Cheers,
--
	Thomas E. Spanjaard
	tgen_at_netphreax.net