Re: Intermittent pauses copying from one usb drive to another

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 16:28:28 +0100
On Saturday 05 February 2011 16:18:56 Donald Allen wrote:
> Does whoever is responsible for CAM/SCSI
> know about this and do you know if there are plans to fix it? What is the
> point of "supporting" USB devices (and we aren't talking about an odd-ball
> device here; these are USB disks), when the "support" is partially broken?

As far as I know there are no ongoing plans to fix this issue. Yes, we need to
support the oddballs too, of course. Currently a lot of quirks have been
pushed into the umass driver, but I guess that we need to add more quirks, and
probably switch around from black-listing into white-listing, so that the
quirks are turned on by default.

Thanks for your understanding!

--HPS