Re: CFR: importing openresolv

From: David Horn <dhorn2000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:22:06 -0500
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to import openresolv 3.3.5 into our base tree.  It makes
> merging the DNS server addresses informed from DHCP, DHCPv6, PPP, ...
> into /etc/resolv.conf easier.
>
>        http://roy.marples.name/projects/openresolv
>
> My patch against 9-CURRENT can be obtained from:
>
>        http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/openresolv-20100818.diff.gz
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> Hajimu UMEMOTO _at_ Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama, Japan
> ume_at_mahoroba.org  ume_at_{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
> http://www.imasy.org/~ume/

Sounds like a fine plan.  I will help test as time allows.  I had a
test patch incorporating openresolv quite some time ago, and it was
straight forward, and worked well in my limited testing with dual
stack multiple DNS providers. (DHCPv6/RFC5006-RDNSS/DHCPv4/Avahi)

>From talking to Roy Marples in the past, this code has already been
imported into netbsd at some level, and I believe that he was
recommending the use of the latest code from the repository due to
some bug fixes, but it is worthy of another conversation since quite
some time has elapsed since my last query.

Good Luck.
_Dave