Re: Cosmetic path to bsdinstall

From: Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:44:03 -0800
On Feb 24, 2011, at 7:00 AM, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:

> Thanks! I've received basically this patch from a couple people now. I'm going to investigate whether this is a more generic way to get this information (so the list doesn't grow infinitely long), and will commit this if I can't. Having CAM devices be part of newbus would simplify this a very great deal...

See:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~marcel/gpt.diff

It was my initial attempt of creating a generic (ncurses-based)
partition editor that uses gpart. (the name of the patch relates
to the perforce branch it was done on, not the partitioning
scheme).

In it you'll find a diff for sbin/pe/disk.c that contains logic
for presenting a friendly "disk" name. Not complete, but maybe
good for inspiration...

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar