Re: Request for review/testing: switching the default installer

From: Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:21:38 -0600
On 02/28/11 08:56, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 08:49:07 -0600
> Nathan Whitehorn<nwhitehorn_at_freebsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> - There is only one CD image produced, which is always also a live CD
> It would be really useful if a netinstall ISO could be made too -
> people still have slow Internet connections where having a bootonly
> disc is nice. For example Debian's 35 MB business-card CD is great when
> you can only download at 50 kB/s.

Yes, I agree. The netinstall stuff is only really useful once the FTP
mirrors start carrying the new distribution format, so it isn't hooked
up yet. I've been keeping track of (and minimizing) the tools used by
the installer, which should help select what things should do on this
disk and in case we also want to produce some super-minimal TFTP-able
MFS root in the future.
-Nathan