Re: NFSv4 and pam_mount - mounting user home directories.

From: Marek Salwerowicz <salwerom_at_iem.pw.edu.pl>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:24:18 +0100

>> What I am missing ?
>>
>> /etc/sysctl.conf is applied before rc.d/nfs* ?
>>
> That would be my guess. The sysctl's aren't setable until the modules
> are loaded. If you build a kernel with "options NFSD" in its kernel
> config file, then it should be setable as above, I think? (I always
> use sysctl manually after booting, so I don't really know how /etc/sysctl.conf
> works.

After manually setting:

salwerom_at_freebsd:/etc#sudo sysctl vfs.newnfs.server_max_nfsvers=4
vfs.newnfs.server_max_nfsvers: 4 -> 4
salwerom_at_freebsd:/etc#sudo sysctl vfs.newnfs.server_min_nfsvers=4
vfs.newnfs.server_min_nfsvers: 4 -> 4
salwerom_at_freebsd:/etc#

We are still able to mount via NFSv3 (even when those two lines are commented in sysctl.conf).
Any other idea.. ?

--
Marek Salwerowicz