Re: NFSv4 and pam_mount - mounting user home directories.

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:13:31 -0500 (EST)
> >> Good to know if it will work with nfsv4 server started via rc.conf
> >> and
> >> sysctl values in sysctl.conf..
> >>
> > build a kernel with "options NFSD" in its config file and then try
> > it
> > with that kernel, and then you'll find out...
> >

> How about patching the /etc/rc.d/nfsd script like this:
>

> [..]
> nfsd_precmd()
> {
> if checkyesno nfs_server_newnfs_only; then
> echo 'NFS server serving only newnfs (NFSv4)=YES'
> sysctl vfs.newnfs.server_min_nfsvers=4 > /dev/null
> fi
> [..]
>
> It checks if there is a
> nfs_server_newnfs_only=YES
> set in rc.conf, and if so, it runs the sysctl command.
>
> But, after testing, it is too late (nfsd starts with NFSv3 support).
> Any idea where to put that patch ?

I think you can stick it just before "return 0" in /etc/rc.d/nfsd.
(I'd probably just go with the "sysctl vfs.newnfs.server_min_nfsvers=4"
 line in this case, since you want it unconditionally?)

Or, if you don't want to build a kernel with "options NFSD", I think
you can get nfsd.ko loaded early by fiddling with loader.conf, but I'm
not volunteering to figure out what works there:-)

rick