Re: R: Recent mouse freeze problem with X, different window managers, any browser and flash.

From: Edwin L. Culp W. <edwinlculp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:18:17 -0600
2011/1/12 Ariff Abdullah <ariff_at_freebsd.org>:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:09:10 -0600
> eculp <eculp_at_encontacto.net> wrote:

>> >everytime I >> open a page that has automatic flash video my mouse
>> >freezes and I have >> to manually kill X and restart.  I had worked
>> >fine for many months. >> Yesterday I rebuilt all linux emulation.
>> >All ports are up to date as >> of today.  I have no idea where to
>> >look. >>

>> >triggering a
>> >remember it now. > I'll post il later.

>> > I think that it could be related to this message:
>> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-December/021997.html
>> > even if I'm on i386
>>
>> Thanks, Barbara.  I am on i386 also.  It sounds as though it could
>> very well be but I would expect others to be seeing something
>> similar.
>>   The kernel that I am using was built and rebooted from yesterday's
>>
>> sources with hopes that the problem would just "go away" same with
>> world and ports but no cigar.  It is still the same and I don't have
>>
>> an old enough kernel to go back to so I guess I will just have to
>> wait   until something changes.
>>
>> Have a great day,
>>
>> ed
>
> I was a bit careless on my previous post (accidentally left you out),
> my apology.

No problem.  I thank you for your help.  I just checked:
# sysctl machdep.disable_mtrrs
machdep.disable_mtrrs: 0

so it would seem that it is correct by default unless I am no
understanding which is very, very possible.

I have added it to loader.conf but haven't rebooted it but assume it
wouldn't change.

Thanks again for your help.

ed