Re: More if_ath churn coming your way!

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:18:14 +0800
On 23 January 2011 02:28, Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za> wrote:

>> Someone's reported that the AR9285 was once stable but now isn't. I'd
>> really appreciate it if others who are using AR9280/AR9285 chipsets
>> would test this out and get back to me.
>
> Oddly enough, I think my AR9285 uses less power now.  This I do
> know however: at boot, it associates much much faster.  I used to
> have to wait at least 10 seconds for "the default route interface".
> Now, association and DHCP blazes through without pausing.

Can you please verify this? Would you please let me know which version
of the OS you were running before this?

I haven't changed anything on the AR9285 codebase that would account
for the above.

Something to keep in mind with the AR9280/AR9285 support is that I've
seen it be -very- unpredictable - sometimes it's reliable off the bat,
sometimes it's not. You have to repeat it a few times to verify that
you've actually seen a change.

Thanks,

Adrian