Re: [head tinderbox] failure on amd64/amd64

From: Simon L. B. Nielsen <simon_at_nitro.dk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:19:46 +0100
On 24 Jan 2011, at 06:16, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> On 2011-Jan-21 20:01:32 +0100, "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon_at_nitro.dk> wrote:
>> Perhaps we should just set the tinderbox up to sync directly of cvsup-master instead if that makes it more useful?
>
> Can cvsup-master still lose atomicity of commits?  I suspect it can,

Yes, there would not be a change in that - there is no simple way around that with current infrastructure (as fixing that wold mean doing evil hacks around cvs etc.)

The only thing you would gain by using cvsup-master to pull sources is lower lag time between what tinderboxes build and what's in src/ VCS.

> in which case syncing directly off the SVN master would seem a better
> approach.

Better yes, but that's not a simple configuration change like switching to using cvsup-master is, and unfortunately I have plenty of more interesting projects than changing tinderbox code :-).

PS. for other people not being Peter Jeremy :) - no, I'm not going to consider git or going to consider discussing it - see above :-).

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen