Re: [head tinderbox] failure on powerpc64/powerpc

From: Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_spoerlein.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:04:00 +0100
[Picking a random tinderbox mail]

As I've broken the powerpc64 build a couple of days ago, I was amazed
that none of these emails went to my Inbox. Whenever the ports' INDEX
build is broken, there's a list of committers that are most likely to
blame for it. I would welcome the same type of emails from the
tinderboxen; and it is really easy to generate this list, e.g.:

if !exists(committers-on-the-hook)
  svn info -> record last non-broken revision
fi
svn up
if !exists(committers-on-the-hook)
  svn info -> record new revision
  run svn log -rlast:new and store all login-names in committers-on-the-hook
fi

do the tinderbox

if !error
  rm committers-on-the-hook
else
  send build breakage to current_at_
  send nastygrams to all committers-on-the-hook
fi