Re: Heavy I/O blocks FreeBSD box for several seconds

From: <mdf_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:36:18 -0700
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Ali Mashtizadeh <mashtizadeh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe someone can setup something like reviewboard [1] for developers
> to use. This may also help folks who want to keep abreast of the
> current work in a particular subsystem or get involved into the
> development process more. At my company we use reviews and it seems to
> help the catch some bugs and help new engineers ramp up faster.
>
> [1] http://www.reviewboard.org/

FreeBSD development is completely open; anyone can sign up for the
svn-src-* mailing list they are interested in, including
svn-src-head_at_.  Code reviews are plenty as well; just check the list
archives for discussion of bugs, poor design choices and unintended
effects.  But most reviews are silent and after-the-fact by looking at
the list mail.  It's a system that seems to be working just fine for
the FreeBSD project so far.  This isn't a job for most anyone; it's a
volunteer project and so anything that raises the barrier to getting
work done for the project should be looked at with skepticism.

Is there a specific deficit that you want to address?

Thanks,
matthew