pmcstat(8) and machdep.hlt_cpus

From: Pan Tsu <inyaoo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 01:27:43 +0400
pmcstat(8) stopped to work for me after largeSMP landed in r222813.
At the time only pmccontrol(8) was updated. Then the next day
machdep.hlt_cpus was ripped out. So, I've assumed it's going to
be fixed by subsequent commits and commented out related code locally.

  $ qemu -smp 2 -nographic ...
  $ kldload hwpmc
  $ pmcstat -S instructions -T
  pmcstat: ERROR: Cannot determine which CPUs are halted: No such file or directory
  Exit 71

A month passed, nothing changed. Am I doing smth wrong?

FWIW, smp(4) still documents machdep.hlt_cpus and machdep.hlt_logical_cpus.
It should probably be updated with hint.lapic.X.disabled from UPDATING.