HEADS UP: BIND 9.8 imported to HEAD

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 04:55:36 -0700
Howdy,

I wanted to let everyone know that BIND 9.8.0-P4 has just been imported
to 9-current, and will be part of the 9.0-RELEASE. The 9.8 branch has
many nice new features vs. 9.6.x, especially in the area of DNSSEC. You
can read more about the new features in the README file included in
/usr/share/doc/bind9. I also encourage you to browse through the ARM,
either in HTML or PDF format as there are other interesting features for
both authoritative and resolving name servers.

The good news is that zone files and server configurations that work
with BIND 9.6.x should work without modification in 9.8.x so migration
should be painless.

If you have any problems or questions feel free to follow up here on
-current.

Doug

			-- OK Go