Re: 802.11n support for athero's chipset

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 14:56:34 +0800
On 3 June 2011 13:05, Himali Patel <himali.patel_at_sibridgetech.com> wrote:

> Current branch of FreeBSD 9.0 doesn't have full support of 802.11n
> functionality. Any clue on by when the 802.11n support in FreeBSD will be
> available for Athero's chipset?

Hi,

The main thing that's left is TX aggregation. Everything else
(especially surrounding powersave) isn't on my personal radar at the
moment.

The only answer I can give you for TX aggregation is "when someone's
coded it." :-)

I'm going to sit down now and try to fix the TX path a bit. A bunch of
stuff is needed before TX aggregation is possible (mostly surrounding
implementing per-TID software TX queues, handling hardware-filtered
packets and software TX retries.) I've created a new branch in FreeBSD
SVN for the initial tidying up I'm doing.

If you'd like to help out then please contact me privately and we can
discuss how to break down the work. :)

Thanks,

Adrian