llimport(8): Import lastlog into utmpx

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:43:58 +0200
Hi all,

I think not long after I replaced utmp with utmpx, I got requests to add
utilities to convert the old utmp databases to the new formats. I added
wtmpcvt(1) for /var/log/wtmp*, but I didn't add any tools for the other
databases. Even though it's a bit overdue (more than one year later?), I
think it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a utility to import lastlog for
people who are going to upgrade from 7.x/8.x to 9.0.

I've written a utility called llimport(8), which imports entries from
lastlog into utx.lastlogin for users which do not already have an entry
in the latter. I've also added an rc-script, which executes llimport
when /var/log/lastlog is present and renames the old database to
/var/log/lastlog.old.

Any objections if I commit the following patch to HEAD one of these
days? I will remove it from HEAD not long after we release 9.0, since an
upgrade from 8.x to 10.x should go through 9.x anyway.

	http://80386.nl/pub/llimport.txt

It would be nice if someone could look at the rc script. I think it
should be okay, but it's not a part of the tree I'm familiar with.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/