Re: [RFC] 'failok' mount(8) flag

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 18:22:14 +0000
In message <4DED15B1.8020701_at_delphij.net>, Xin LI writes:

>I think sometimes it's desirable to mark a few file systems as 'failok',
>which means it's Ok to have these mounts failed on boot and something
>else (a script, cron job, etc) will handle the case.

Good idea.  (This was one of the ideas that made me realize that
we were out of mount flags, and thus prompted nmount(8).  Never got
around to implement failok afterwards.)

Based on some NanoBSD work along this kind of lines, there may be
/etc/rc.ng opportunities/work to do in this, so that rc.d/foo can
depend on a given filesystem actually being mounted, since some
daemons can get quite upset and hang the boot, if their filesystems
are not there and/or suddenly too small etc.