Re: IPv4 broken on r222048

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:25:14 -0700
On Jun 8, 2011, at 9:07 AM, "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2011, at 6:15 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>
>>> I think I just found a good "recovery" idea -- I should disable the
>>> features with rescue builds.  That should give one a working
>>> /rescue/ifconfig in all cases and should be sufficient to recover?
>>
>>   That would be a good backup plan so people could at least avoid
>> painting themselves into a corner by accident.
>
> Can you confirm that
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20110608-02-ifconfig-rescue.diff
> would work for you?
>
> One will still be screwed if doing it remotely without serial console or
> keyb access, but with that there should be a way to recover.  Note that
> the rc scripts also check the AF to be present and will not configure them
> if not.

Will do when I get back home. I rebuilt world and kernel a few times, reinstalled, and I'm still running into the same issues (kern.features.inet is missing), so something is really funky with the system.

I'll look at my last buildkernel log, an if that doesn't turn up anything helpful try building GENERIC tonight and boot it to see what happens..

I'll let you know how the patch goes..

Thanks!
-Garrett