Re: IPv4 broken on r222048

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 21:33:09 -0700
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Bjoern A. Zeeb
<bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:

>>> Can you confirm that
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20110608-02-ifconfig-rescue.diff
>>> would work for you?
>>>
>>> One will still be screwed if doing it remotely without serial console or
>>> keyb access, but with that there should be a way to recover.  Note that
>>> the rc scripts also check the AF to be present and will not configure them
>>> if not.
>>
>> Will do when I get back home. I rebuilt world and kernel a few times, reinstalled, and I'm still running into the same issues (kern.features.inet is missing), so something is really funky with the system.
>>
>> I'll look at my last buildkernel log, an if that doesn't turn up anything helpful try building GENERIC tonight and boot it to see what happens..
>>
>> I'll let you know how the patch goes..
>
> check with strings if you can find a __kern_features_inet

    Is that the right string to look for? All I found was
sysctl__kern_features_children (despite the fact that I do actually
have OIDs hanging off of kern.features).
    BTW, objdump -x /boot/kernel/kernel | grep __kern_features_ turned
up a lot more data, but unfortunately inet isn't one of the missing
pieces between strings and objdump -x :/..
    I checked opt_global.h and opt_inet.h and #define INET 1 is
present in opt_inet.h at least.. Nothing apparently fishy in the
buildkernel log either... but why isn't it pulling in headers from -I_at_
or ${KERNBUILDDIR} (!). Also, why is /sys/conf/*.mk blantantly
ignoring my CFLAGS (I hardcoded /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FALLOUT just for
kicks and it was clearly omitted from the cc calls I saw)?? I haven't
dug down that deep yet, but it would be interesting if someone knew
the answer to that question offhand.
    Just for grins I put...

#ifndef INET
#error "you lose!"
#endif

    ... in in_proto.c and it didn't bail. So obviously it thinks it
has INET support.
    Time to try GENERIC.
Thanks!
-Garrett