rc.d script to load kernel modules

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:17:47 -0700
Howdy,

Per discussion on -arch and the svn list about improving boot time and
stripping down the kernel to just that-which-cannot-be-modularized I
created the attached script to kldload modules that don't need to be in
loader.conf. It cut quite a bit of time off my boot, so hopefully it
will be useful to others as well.

To use it just put everything that is being _load'ed in loader.conf into
kld_list in rc.conf[.local]. For example, mine has:

kld_list='umass coretemp ichwd linux nvidia if_wpi'

If there is agreement that this is a good direction to go I'll be happy
to commit this along with the relevant /etc/defaults/rc.conf and
rc.conf.5 changes.

hth,

Doug

			-- OK Go