Re: Exactly that commit (was Re: Latest -current 100% hang at the late boot stage)

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:13:25 +0400
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:54:04PM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> These two are interesting:
>
> > http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1249/21062011014m.jpg
> > http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3791/21062011015.jpg
>
> It looks like the GEOM event thread is stuck inside the cd(4) driver.  The
> cd(4) driver is trying to acquire the peripheral lock, and is sleeping
> until it gets it.
>
> What isn't clear is who is holding it.  The ps output shows an idle thread
> running on CPU 1, and thread 100014 (taskq) running on CPU 0.
> Unfortunately I don't see a stack trace for that.  (I might have missed
> it.)
>
> Do you happen to have the image with the stack trace for that thread?

I don't have the image because no disks are mounted at that stage and the
swap slice is not attached. But I can issue more specific DDB commands to
narrow it down, just say what you need in detail.

BTW, the machine have 2 DVD both are attached to Marvell IDE plain ATA
interface, they always works before.

Are you sure that something holding the lock? 'show lock' shows absolutely
nothing, it is empty.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/