[RFT] Automatic load of USB kernel modules

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:42:47 +0200
Hi,

I've been working today on getting auto load of USB kernel modules working
properly. I've identified and fixed several issues since the initial patch by
Robert Millan was posted. I would like to request testing of the attached
patch before I commit it. The patch is about only having ukbd, ums and umass
per default in the kernel GENERIC config file(s).

The 9-current kernel version you need to checkout is:

http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/223519

And you need to make sure you have the file mentioned in the commit above
under /etc/devd/ else the new stuff will not work.

No userspace changes except the bus_auto.conf file is required.

At the present moment ukbd and ums will not auto load because they don't
export any USB device entries. This will get fixed before the final auto load
commit.

--HPS