Re: Exactly that commit (was Re: Latest -current 100% hang at the late boot stage)

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 02:26:45 +0400
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 04:20:24PM -0400, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> Instead, I believe that either one of the GEOM taste methods is leaking an
> access reference (so cdclose() is not called), or the CD driver is failing
> to release the hold semaphore during probing.  Setting kern.geom.debugflags
> to '4' will trace the access calls and allow the GEOM side to be ruled out.
> If GEOM is exonerated, we can add tracing to cam_perihp_(un)hold to track
> this down further.

No problem. I just set kern.geom.debugflags=4 in loader.conf and here is
new photo (with recent kernel, no patches):
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4679/25062011006.jpg
I skip all noisy parts related to ada0 and ada1 partitions probes.
As you can see, only 3 cd0-related geom call issued, right before cd1
probe shown. Strange thing is that I see no single cd1-related geom
call, but it may be because of hang.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/