LLVM: llvm-as, llvm-ld and so on not contained in FreeBSD core contrib?

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:57:52 +0200
Hello.
Just for my couriosity: I'm missing llvm-as, llvm-ld and other binutils
from LLVM and was wondering why they are contained in the port's llvm
collection but not in FreeBSD's source contribution.

I build FreeBSD 9 with CLANG. But as a missing llvm-as and llvm-ld (or
llvm-ar) would imply, the binaries are generated via binutils from
theGNU suite, aren't they?

Sorry for the noise.

O.