Re: MFC

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:52:07 +0200
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:03:50 +0300 Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> on 24/06/2011 14:44 Johan Hendriks said the following:
> > Hello all i have a question regarding MFC
> >
> > At the svn page from head most revisions comments contain a line
> > like MFC after:        x weeks or x days. or x months.
> > Is this done automaticly, or is this still done by the auther.
>
> It's done manually.  'MFC after' only states original intent.
> Sometimes developers forget to do MFC; sometimes they discover new
> circumstances which prevent MFC; etc.

As there is an automatic reminder-mail to the developer when the MFC
time is triggered, I would not say the developer forgets, it's more
that he hasn't the time for it or he voluntary deletes the mail before
MFCing (for whatever reason, a showstopper issue may be one of the
possible reasons).

Bye,
Alexander.

--