Re: urtw0: could not allocate USB transfers

From: Etienne Robillard <erob_at_gthcfoundation.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:01:19 -0500
On 02/03/11 11:47 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 02, 2011 11:00:26 am Etienne Robillard wrote:

> isn't

> the

> 2>

> here:

>>> Yeah, urtw(4) has a few flaws..
>>>
>>> - urtw(4): Realtek RTL8187B/RTL8187L
>>> - rum(4): Ralink RT2501/RT2601
>>> - run(4): Ralink RT2700/RT2800/RT3000
>>>
>>> So it seems the driver you've posted conflicts with run(4). From a
>>> quick glance at it, it seems to support 11n? If so, can I talk you
>>> into working on getting those bits merged?
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bernhard
>>>

>> I forwarded this thread on -current.
>>
>> Please also find below a stack trace produced with option KDB_UNATTENDED
>> for the rt28700 driver (if_rt28700).
>>
>> On another side note, I have not being able to load
>> the runfw firmware module anymore after having updated
>> the src tree for 8.2-STABLE ?
>>
>> $ sudo kldload /boot/kernel/runfw.ko
>> kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/runfw.ko: Exec format error
>>
> Here is your real error in dmesg:
>

>> KLD runfw.ko: depends on firmware - not available or version mismatch
>> linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>>
> You need to kldload firmware.ko or make sure 'device firmware' is in your
> kernel config.

Hi,

Many thanks. This explains the change of behavior attempting to kldload
runfw.ko
without the firmware assist module. :)

However I find strange that run(4) requires such a firmware to be preloaded
when the rt2870 driver doesn't require it!

Cheers,

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob_at_gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy