Re: can somebody explains OFDM in FreeBSD?

From: Etienne Robillard <erob_at_gthcfoundation.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 11:55:40 -0500
On 06/03/11 11:46 AM, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 11:31:00AM -0500, Etienne Robillard wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/11 09:49 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>>> OFDM is part of 11g, 11a, and 11n (2/5ghz.)
>>>
>>> I don't understand why you're asking about it in a security context.
>>>

>>> Adrian
>>>

>> Approaching security can be seen with onion paradigm: True paranoids
>> will want
>> to have multiple layers of security whether its physical or hardware
>> related. In this
>> case, one could ask reasonably whether its 'safe' to be close to a
>> wireless router (802.11 ethernet-class)
>> for a long-term period while OFDM is enabled at the transport level.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Etienne

> As various folks have tried to point out to you:
>
> * OFDM is a modulation technique that all RF devices of certain types
>   must not only support, but use, in order to work (as the specifications
>   for their use require the use of OFDM).
>
> * As such, this has nothing to do with FreeBSD at all, and is therefore
>   off-topic for thr FreeBSD.org technical mailing lists, of which
>   freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org is one.
>
>   A non-technical mailing list at FreeBSD.org is
>   freebsd-chat_at_freebsd.org, in case you insist on carrying on this
>   off-topic thread on a FreeBSD.org mailing list.
>
>   In my opinion, however, you, as well as anyone interested in the
>   topic, would be better served by moving the discussion to a venue for
>   which it would be on-topic.  I cannot identify such a venue for you,
>   but readily confirm that there is no FreeBSD.org mailing list that
>   satisfies the requirement.
>
> Finally, I am sending this note off-list because not only is the thread
> off-topic for the venue, but this message (in particlar) has nothing to
> do with FreeBSD, either.
>
> Please honor the reqwest to move the thread.
>
> Further attempts to post to a technical FreeBSD.org list on this thread
> will be treated as spam.
>
> Peace,
> david   (current hat: postmaster_at_freebsd.org)

hey this was kinda impolite and unecessary. Please don't disrupts the
thread whenever
you don't agree with and because you have authority!

Thanks,

Etienne

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob_at_gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy